Medicare Options

 

If you qualify for Medicare, you are usually responsible for about 20% of your medical expenses while Medicare covers the rest of 80%. During the senior years we experience more major health issues that also bring in higher healthcare costs. For example, a common hip replacement surgery may cost upwards of $44,000. If you’re on Medicare alone, you’d be responsible for 20% of that, or about $8800. There are plans that can help limit your out-of-pocket expenses, or almost eliminate them.

MEDICARE SUPPLEMENTS

The Medicare Supplement plans available through private companies can cover some or all of the costs not covered by Medicare, for a premium. If you qualify for Medicare, you can also have a Medicare Supplement or MediGap plan, and the enrollment period is available year-round, unlike other Medicare plans. You are not limited to use certain networks and you can get care while traveling as well. Some MediGap plans also offer international coverage while you travel.

MEDICARE ADVANTAGE

For a much lower premium, you can limit your out-of-pocket expenses to a certain annual “cap” with an HMO or PPO also known as Medicare Advantage plans. The Medicare Advantage health plans are also offered through private companies which usually require you to use regional networks of providers (HMO), with higher costs if you use out-of-network providers (PPO). Some Medicare Advantage plans also include “Part-D” Medicare prescription drugs plans, with lower co-pays, coinsurance, deductibles than Medicare alone. 

Questions about your Medicare options? We’ll help you navigate through them and find the best possible plan for your situation.


What products are you interested in?